Protecting the National Flock T: +27 12 529 8298 | F: +27 86 542 9928 | email@example.com
pdma - Strategic Goals
To have direct involvement in poultry disease control measures, through:
- Influencing policy for controlled diseases.
- Disease surveillance of commercial and non-commercial sectors of the poultry sector.
- Reduction of disease levels nationally, including microbials.
- Rapid response mechanisms to local and exotic disease threats.
- Improving veterinary and animal health training within South Africa.
- Collaboration with ostrich industry- mutual benefits from improved disease control.
- Achieving and maintaining export status for the benefit of both industries.
- Establishing a formal public/private partnership (PPP), where the state delegates certain regulatory functions to the PDMA.
- Reducing the levels of residues in poultry meat through the residue monitoring programme.